Interstate Commission for Water Coordination of Central Asia
Statute of the Secretariat of ICWC
1. Permanently acting body (secretariat) of ICWC is established on 10th October 1993 by ICWC decision. ICWC Secretariat is a permanent acting body and acts according to Agreement between the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrghiz Republic, the Republic of Tadjikistan, Turkmenistan and the Republic of Uzbekistan in the sphere of common water resources of interstate sources use and protection management and ICWC Status.
Secretariat location - Khodjent.
2. Secretariat is charged:
- ICWC commissions' fulfillment organization;
- together with BWO "Amudarya" and BWO "Syrdarya" preparation of programs, measures and draft decisions on the ICWC meetings;
- preparation of cost estimates of operation costs and capital construction for BWO "Amudarya" and BWO "Syrdarya" financing on the expense of the states - ICWC members;
- operation works and capital construction schedule calculation and account;
- control for financial means coming from states - ICWC members dedicated to BWO "Amudarya" and BWO "Syrdarya" for operation and construction;
- international relations coordination.
3. Secretariat has a right:
- apply directly to ICWC members;
- control BWO "Amudarya" and BWO "Syrdarya" protocol decisions fulfillment.
4. Secretariat staff - 5 persons: Secretariat head - 1, Secretariat members - 3, head's helper - 1.
Secretariat staff monthly is equal to those of provincial water department staff, where Secretariat is located.
Secretariat head is salary equal to those of Oblremvod head, member's salary - to those of leading specialist, helper's salary - to those of Oblremvod head helper's one.
Oblvodkhoz has to provide Secretariat with appropriate apartment logistics and fi-nancing.
Secretariat is provided with official ICWC form.
5. Secretariat financing is provided by state ICWC-member, on which territory Secretariat is located as a part of share participation in BWOs financial support.
Secretariat submits annually on the ICWC meetings a financial account on last year and cost estimates on next year for affirmation.
6. Secretariat head and its members' candidatures are submitted by ICWC-member, on which territory Secretariat is located and approved by ICWC meeting.
7. Secretariat submit reports about its activity to ICWC. All Secretariat documentation is being made in Russian.
8. This Status has power after its signing.
9. Status change and Secretariat activity cessation is possible only after ICWC-members protocol decision.
10. Secretariat liquidation or modernization are executed according to country of residence legislation.
11. This status is approved by ICWC meeting Decision on 10th October 1993 in Nukus in 5 copies in Russian.
For the Republic of Kazakhstan
For the Kyrghiz Republic
For the Republic of Tadjikistan
For the Republic of Uzbekistan